COVID-19 Winter Dose Update
- September 22, 2021
Pfizer COVID-19 winter dose is now available at The Village GP Black Rock. This is the 2nd booster dose, and 4th COVID-19 vaccine dose overall (or 5th for severely immunocompromised individuals) that has been made available.
The interval recommended by ATAGI between a recent COVID-19 infection or the first booster dose and a winter booster dose is now 3 months.
Adults aged 30 to 49 can choose to have a winter booster, while ATAGI recommends receiving the winter booster if you are 50 years or older.
ATAGI emphasises that the following people remain at higher risk of severe disease and death from COVID-19 and should receive a winter booster dose as soon as possible:
- Adults aged 65 years or older
- A resident of an aged care or disability care facility
- Severely immunocompromised
- Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander aged 50 years and older
- People aged 16 years or older with a medical condition that increases the risk of severe COVID-19 illness
- People aged 16 years or older with disability, significant or complex health needs, or multiple comorbidities which increase the risk of a poor outcome
If all vaccine stock has been exhausted you can also reserve a vaccine online and you will receive an SMS notification when further stock has arrived. We are currently running weekly Pfizer winter dose clinics, for our latest COVID-19 vaccine updates keep an eye on our website thevillagegpblackrock.com Facebook and Instagram.
All appointments for COVID-19 vaccination are bulk billed to promote this vital health intervention.